Recent Articles Of Interest
There is a wealth of media coverage about the advantages of employing individuals with disabilities. We invite you to explore recent articles on the subject.
- New website launched for disabled job seekers, Financial News & Daily Record, April 29, 2015,
- EmployMeFirst website to connect disabled to Jobs, Jacksonville.com April 29, 2015
- EmployMeFirst Launches to connect employees with disabilities to employers, JAX Chambers April 28, 2015
- “Latest Expansion by North Florida Business takes food from farm to truck” Jacksonville.com, April 7, 2015
- Groundbreaking Survey of Families of Adults with Developmental Disabilities; PR Newswire, April 7, 2015
- Program Helps folks with developmental disabilities to find jobs, Springfield News-Leader, April 7, 2015
- “Microsoft launches pilot program for hiring autistic workers”The Washington Post, April 6, 2015
- “Jacksonville’s Moira Rossi starts new business helping the disabled be successful” Jacksonville.com, March 28, 2015
- Jacksonville special education school to use new land to expand programs, enrollment. Jacksonville.com, March 10, 2015
- Florida Senate President Andy Gardiner uses powerful post to focus on special needs kids. Tampa Bay Times, March 7, 2015
- The Arc Jacksonville joins Look Local, WJXT Channel 4, March 4, 2015
- Meet The First Model with Down Syndrome to Walk the Runway during New York Fashion Week, Eyewitness News New York, April 13, 2015
- How a Family Car Wash has Changed the Lives of People with Autism,Good Morning America, February 10, 2015
- Company’s staff is 80% Employees with Autism, Provides Model for other Businesses Huffington Post, February 8, 2015
- “Jacksonville Business Journal. 4 Myths about Hiring Employees with Disabilities.” Jacksonville Business Journal, November 8, 2014.
- “Initiative Aims to Hire Adults With Disabilities.” Huffington Post, October 28, 2014..
- “Hiring People with Disabilities Isn’t Just The Right Thing to Do, It is Good For Business.” The Daily Beast, October 27, 2014.
- “Pledging ‘I’m In To Hire’ Individuals With Intellectual And Developmental Disabilities.” Forbes.com, October 21, 2014.
- “What Your D&I Policy Is Missing: Employing People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.” i4CP.com, October 15, 2014.
- Webinar: Employing People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. i4CP.com, October 28, 2014.
- Financial Incentives for hiring people with disabilities. OneStops.info, from the National Center on Workforce Disability.